Licensed psychological psychotherapist for cognitive-behavioral therapy
Coping with crises and/or psychological complaints is a task that everyone has to face in the course of their lives. Sometimes, however, you come up against limits or obstacles that you can no longer overcome without professional help. Psychotherapy should help to strengthen one’s own abilities and options for action in crises and to discover new ways out of the crisis – old paths that have long since ceased to be used, hidden secret paths or even completely new paths that have never been followed.
My mission in psychotherapy is to support you in discovering your own way out of the crisis in order to grow and develop in the long term. In this way you can become an expert on yourself in the long run and learn to be close to yourself and to help yourself even in difficult times. The scientifically recognized methods of psychotherapy that I use always depend on your individual complaints, resources and goals with which you come into treatment.
In my work, appreciation, openness and authenticity are important to me. A trusting atmosphere as well as an encounter at eye level should help to get into a constructive therapeutic process and to work together as a team on your problems and your goals.
I also offer therapy sessions in English and Dutch.
- Employment at the MVZ Köln für Psychotherapie GmbH Odendahl & Kollegen since May 2020
- 2017 – 2019: Psychological psychotherapist (in training) in several outpatient practices in Cologne
- 2016 – 2017: Employment at Johannesbad Fachklinik Hochsauerland (a psychosomatic rehabilitation facility) as a psychotherapist
Focus of work
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Addiction und substance abuse
- Mood Disorders such as Depression and Burn-out
- Anxiety disorders, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Eating disorders
- Traumatic disorders such as PTSD
- Personality disorders
- 2019: Approval as a psychological psychotherapist with specialization in CBT
- since 2018 training in Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- 2016 – 2019: Training as a psychological psychotherapist in CBT at AVT Köln
- 2009 – 2015: Studies of psychology with the degrees Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) and Master of Science (M. Sc.) at Maastricht University
- Psychotherapeutenkammer NRW
- Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Nordrhein