Master of Science Psychologist, certified behavioral psychotherapist, systemic couple and family counselling
Critical life events are part of the natural course of life. However, problems can accumulate like a mountain and sometimes people find themselves in front of such a large “problem mountain” that the summit seems to be impossible to climb. There is no plan to tackle things and this leads to fear, despondency and hopelessness that seem overwhelming. Psychotherapy can be helpful here, in that I, as a therapist, can stand by the hiker (client) like a mountain guide. Together we will check and expand the appropriate equipment (resources and strengths) and discuss possible paths and partial goals. With the help of behavioral therapy techniques, the systemic perspective, mindfulness-based strategies, and relaxation techniques, your abilities and strengths become tangible again. You will be accompanied a good part of the way through the therapy and will be given methods to find your own solutions and to cope with the “mountain of problems” independently and on your own. Because “paths are created by walking them” (Franz Kafka) I also offer individual therapy in English, as well as group therapy.
- Since July 2020 employed at MVZ Köln für Psychotherapie GmbH Odendahl & Kollegen
- 2016 – 2018 Employment in the field of community work for the task area of refuge and asylum at the treffpunkt am weidengraben in Trier.
- 2015-2020 Psychotherapeutic outpatient clinic of the University of Trier (in further education)
- 2015-2017 Psychiatry of the Motherhouse of the Borromean Women in Trier (in further education).
- 2012-2013 Night service in the social-therapeutic residential group for traumatized and difficult to bring up children, Longuicher Mühle GmbH in Schweich.
- 2012 Research assistant in the Department of Clinical and Physiological Psychology at the University of Trier.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy individual therapyCognitive behavioural therapy (individual and group therapy)
- Systemic solution-oriented conversation management
- Mindfulness-based approaches
- Depression, adjustment disorders, burn-out, stress management
- Anxiety/compulsive disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Dependence diseases
- accompanying therapy for psychotic disorders
- Relaxation method
- Reproductive self-determination
- Therapy with interpreter
Apprenticeships and trainings
- 2015- 2020 Advanced training as a psychological psychotherapist at the University of Trier for behavioral therapeutic individual and group therapy (license to practice, medical register entry)
- 2016 “Conflict de-escalation, self-assurance and team access” training.
- 2014- 2015 LöWe® Kompakt advanced training for systemic-solution-oriented conversation leadership in therapy, consulting & coaching.
- 2013- 2015 Master studies of psychology (clinical- health-related focus) at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz,
- 2009-2013 Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at the University of Trier, subsidiary subject Pedagogy
- 2006-2009 Training as a state-approved educator at the vocational college of the Rhein-Sieg district in Troisdorf
- Chamber of Psychotherapists NRW
- Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians North Rhine