For many concerns, treatment in the context of group therapy is suitable. Various phenomena within the group experience have a beneficial effect on the experience of the participants:
- Creating hope by experiencing how others gradually become better at dealing with their problems
- The realization that you are not alone in suffering
- sense of belonging to a group
- Possibility to try out new interpersonal behaviour in the group
- open feedback on the effect you have on others
- better self- and external perception
- increased insight into one’s own mental functions
We currently offer depth psychological and analytical group therapy with a maximum of 9 participants.
Here you will find clients with different concerns and phases of life, who enjoy the community in a pleasant atmosphere and feel that they are not alone with their issues. If you share your experiences you will get a lot back. You get reflection, compassion, sympathy and honest feedback from the others. Besides, more than just the spread of my own happens. I experience others and their topics, they may also trigger new things in me, they may excite or upset me. In any case, more happens than just what emanates from me.
The developmental tasks of different phases of life sometimes require the same achievements, such as letting go: as a young person I leave my warm nest, the family, to build up my own life, as a fresh pensioner I then leave professional life to shape my retirement. Again and again life demands something from me and even if it is difficult, I am never alone in a group.
It doesn’t matter that the group members all have similar problems, but it’s much more important that they are different, so that they can help each other and take part in each other’s lives. Of course, a certain curiosity about the other person is also necessary to integrate well into a group and feel part of it.