Master of Counseling | Experienced Systemic Couple and Family Therapist | Sexual Therapist | Individual therapist | Certified Marriage, Family and Life Counselor in Psychosocial Issues – therapy in English possible
„ I believe that the quality of our relationships determine the quality of our lives.“
As a couples therapist it is my job to create a protected space where you can talk freely about difficulties and crises. Fidelity and loyalty, desires and needs, sexuality and intimacy, closeness and distance – these are the topics I would like to address with you and your partner, so that it is easier for you to put your feelings into words. I support you to change your communication: You learn to speak to each other differently, to be (again) benevolent with each other, to recognize emerging disputes earlier and to prevent uncontrolled escalation. I help you to open up new perspectives and possibilities so that you realize what should change (and what can stay the way it is). In the course of the couple therapy, difficult patterns in your relationship will be recognized and we will work together to find ways to break these patterns. Here you can find yourself, define yourself. You can rediscover resources that have been lost under stress. Define the appropriate closeness-distance-mix for yourself as a couple: How much individuality and how much common ground do you need? You gain orientation and clarity for your further life as a couple. You can come closer again and clear up injuries, forgive (yourself) or reconcile. Even if it comes down to a separation, you will have a space to learn and discuss how to deal with your emotions, pain, sadness and anger: What happens now?
If you are in a crisis and need urgent support, I am also happy to assist you as a single therapist.
The focus of our work is always to help you find orientation and security, as well as to recognize and strengthen your own resources. In doing so, we take your own life path into consideration.
Topics can be, for example:
- Crisis intervention for burn-out and anxiety
- Develop a good relationship with yourself
- Addressing sexual issues and linking them to your own identity
- Understanding attachment patterns
- Picking up and classifying topics from childhood
- Detach from old beliefs
- Going through difficult transitions in the life cycle
- Creating a space for mourning, death, loss and failure and learning to deal with them
- Learning to deal with stress and burnout and how to cope with stress
- Expand options for action and develop coping strategies
- We can also talk about other topics.
My working method is the conversation. To express feelings, dynamics and images in a special way, I use visualization on the flipchart, the genogram, the family board, lifeline work, constellations in space or sculptures.
Main areas of work at the MVZ
- Systemic individual, couple and family therapy
- Sexual therapy for individuals and couples
- Since April 2018 freelance cooperation partner at MVZ Köln für Psychotherapie GmbH
- Single and couple counseling in a counseling center
- Family mediator in own practice
Training and further education
- Certified Systemic Therapist/Family Therapist (DGSF)
- Certified systemic consultant (DGSF)
- Current: Certification as a systemic sex therapist with Ulrich Clement and Angelika Eck, IGST Heidelberg
- Master’s Degree in Marriage, Family and Life Counseling Cologne/Freiburg
- Diploma in marriage, family and life counselling (BAG)
- Family mediator according to the guidelines of the Federal Working Group for Family Mediation (BAFM) at IKOM Bonn
- Trauma therapy training with Eva Barnewitz and Thomas Weber